Thursday 16 January 2014

Oxford by Night

Tomorrow are the collections (for Americans, those are kind of like the final exams we take at the beginning of each term). I spent a decent amount of time studying, but then, late afternoon, I realized that I was sick of studying and I wasn't going to learn anything new that I haven't already learned studying the past few weeks. What was important was that I get to sleep on time.

So I went jogging in Christ Church Meadows. According to Google, the nearby meadows are open until 9:00 PM. So I went jogging through the meadow alone until I found a sign blocking my path warning flooding ahead, so I went back. The meadow is so lovely on dark days. Unfortunately, all of the photos I took look like blurry black rectangles.

See, now if this were Inspector Morse, there'd be a body somewhere around here.
After leaving the meadows, I was enjoying the fresh air so much that I thought I'd go for a walk around Oxford, see it at night. Oxford is perhaps even more beautiful on a rainy evening than it is during the day. I had particular fun taking photos with the lampposts shining light on the wet cobbled stones. Very Oxfordey.

If I have to do all the work that comes from going to Oxford, I at least get to occasionally be a tourist. And that's really quite lovely when I get to do that :)



This looks like the entrance to a giant crypt, but it's actually the entrance to a botanical garden.


Just 'cause :P

I'm going to get a good night sleep tonight. Setting all my alarms, taking a sleeping pill, getting a friend to check on me in the morning. I've done all I can do, now I'm giving it all to God.

Good night,

    John Khouri, green jogger

No comments:

Post a Comment